Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Fourth Kind of Love

     In class today I didn't think that my group got a whole bunch of time to adequately describe the Fourth kind of Love, so this is what I thought about it. In the beginning of chapter ten St. Bernard starts off by saying blessed is the person who reaches the fourth degree of love, which I thought was funny in a sarcastic way because later on he says that it is impossible for anybody to fully experience the fourth degree of love until they die and receive their spiritual and immortal bodies. St. Bernard also said that the only people who have experienced the fourth degree of love where martyrs and then they only partially experienced it.

Ps: I commented on Jasmine's post pray without ceasing.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you,Gary. I also found it humorous, because until we receive our new bodies at the resurrection, we will never be free of all bodily needs. I believe it is then when we may be able to attain the fourth degree of love. Without the distraction of a body that has needs and wants, we can devote ourselves fully to loving God.

    ReplyDelete