Thursday, February 21, 2013

Loving My Creator


In chapter 5 of On Loving God, the questions “Why should not the creature love his Creator, who gave him the power to love?” and “Why should he not love Him with all his being, since it is by His gift alone that he can do anything that is good?” were asked. This reading as a whole is pretty deep. I have to reread some lines multiple times in order to comprehend what it actually means. When I read these questions in chapter 5, I was just astonished. I mean seriously, how can someone not love the Lord? He is so mighty and so awesome and full of mercy and grace! How can one live without loving him? The questions itself states why we should love God. He has given us this ability and allowed us to do good things. The Lord is the one who gives us this life to live and supplies us with more than we need and far more than what we deserve. I cannot fathom the thought of living a life not loving my Savior, my rock and my shield. I’m not exactly sure of what I am trying to say because my mind is still trying to grasp this reading as a whole. It’s so deep and definitely caused me to think!

Commented on Meghan's post

No comments:

Post a Comment