Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pray without ceasing

I have been thinking about what praying without ceasing means. It does not mean to just pray 24/7 and never do anything else. What it actually means is to pray consistently and persistently or like to never go a day without praying. I feel that we are still called to do other things to spread the love of God. One thing about the Mystics and Monks is that they try to do everything perfectly and figure out what exactly being perfect is. This is not what we are called to do. We are called to seek God and spread His word not to focus on the guidelines but the actual relationship. As a Christian I don't have all the answers, and I know I won't find all of them. It just puzzles me how someone can live a life of prayer and nothing but that. I just feel there is more to be done than that. It is important but so is going and sharing Gods word. As I said I am still trying to figure it out myself. Ps I commented on Rebekah Dyes post

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree Jasmine, the great commission was to go and make disciples, not to do nothing but pray. Now I'm not saying that we haven't learned anything from the Mystics but I do think that what we are mainly called to do is spread the word of the Lord and to do everything as we were doing it for the Lord.

    ReplyDelete