Thursday, February 14, 2013

My favorite difference

Today in class, Dr. Brekke mentioned that Muhammad thought originally that his 'new religion' started out the same as Christianity and the Jewish religion. It was his opinion that they started out the same, then the other two changed.

There are a lot of differences in Muhammad's 'religion' and Christianity but one of the differences that I love the most, is the concept of it changing.
Christians have changed the way they live, yes.
But praise the Lord, our God has never changed!!
He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

Although this may not have been Muhammad's exact point, this is what I took out of todays lecture and I loved thinking about it and dwelling on the fact that my God is unchangeable!


P.s. I commented on Susan Berner's "Learning New Things"

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree :) How beautiful it is that God Himself, and His truth, stays consistent! His Word is constant, and the core, that He is a God of Love and of justice, remain forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree as well, Hebrews 13:8 says that God is the same yesterday today and tomorrow. I am so thank full that we can count on a God that is forever the same. I also think that having a God that is unchangeable just proves that he is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An unchanging God really does bring credence to the fact that He is perfect. One thing I thought of was when Muhammad essentially negotiated with God after hearing Abraham's advice about how many prayers should be required every day. It would seem from this that god was wrong in his initial command simply because he agreed to require less from his people. Yes we have cases in the bible where God relented and seemingly changed His mind about passing judgment on certain people, however, His redemptive plan for His people remained the same the whole time.

    ReplyDelete