Thursday, February 14, 2013

Muslim with new eyes

It's so interesting to study the origins of Islam. I studied it briefly in highschool, but since then my family has become very close to a Muslim family from Jordan. I was fascinated by the fact that Muhammad saw the church as non monotheistic, and sought to create a truer religion. Especially since Christianity IS monotheistic. There actually are so many similarities- I think of the value of modesty and devotion to God. The reason this family respects my family so much is because they see us as devout Christians. It's amazing how much they can relate to our respect to God. For girls, modesty takes a very different look for Muslims. However, Ebtisomb (my mom's friend) respects her because my mom is modest, even though she doesn't cover her hair. It makes it so much easier for them to be friends.
I wonder if Christians were more devout, would we actually make the way for conversations to start with Muslims?

No comments:

Post a Comment