Thursday, February 14, 2013

An Unlikely Trinity

Does the world not seem to find it oddly convenient that three of the most influential religions in the world are very closely related?  I mean...the very fact that they all three preach about the same divine being that created the world and is actively involved in it warrants a little attention.  While the three are very different perspectives of monotheism, this unique trinity of religions has more in common than the world often gives credit.  After analyzing the texts and our discussion in class, it is obvious that Muhammad was mirroring the general idea of Judaism and Christianity.  All three present many of the same characters and ideas, which should provoke the world to investigate such an interesting phenomena; however, the world is often too intelligent to worry with petty religious activities.  I digress.  I just seem to find it interesting that the stories of the Bible are so incredibly rooted deep within a vast majority of the world and its cultures.  Even if some of them have been distorted - or perfected, depending on the point of view - surely their reoccurring behavior deserves more recognition from society. Then again...I could just be a radical, pious, bumbling baboon.

P.S. I commented on Gary Hamner's "Messiah"

1 comment:

  1. No, I think You're right. They deserve closer examination. I, for one, and somewhat hesitant to look much deeper because they are so similar. It almost scares me to study other religions when they start to make sense. It gets to the point where I think that if I were born on the other side of the world, I could easily follow their logic. But I think the ultimate reason they are so similar is because our souls all long for the same thing. We were born to seek Christ, so we find other ways to fill that void when we don't realize what we truly need.

    ReplyDelete