Thursday, April 11, 2013

Palistrina vs. Calvin

Coincidentally, I've been taking music appreciation this semester, so listening to music for most of a class period is not out of the ordinary at all. Luckily, we just studied the Renaissance period in music, so I got to hear Palistrina. Hearing it again while talking about Calvinism and Catholicism put a different spin on it though. I loved hearing Palistrina with all the honors people, but it made me think about what worship music really is and if someone should restrict worship music like Calvin wanted to. Are we allowed to do that? Are we allowed to say what kind of worship everyone should offer? Since we're all different people with different backgrounds, I think it would be like imposing who we are another person. I think what matters the most is what the heart of the worshipper is. It's all about glorifying God and that might look different to different people. P.S. Commented on Skylar's

No comments:

Post a Comment