Thursday, April 11, 2013

Modern Reformed


I have the unique position of growing up with my dad as the worship pastor at a VERY Calvinistic, Reformed Presbyterian Church- while none of my family is Calvinist. 
So I have learned a lot about Calvinism. A lot.
But one thing that is so interesting is the pervasiveness of the reformed tradition in music. It's been interesting that there really is still a sense of the value of simplicity. I once had a friend in highschool tell me that simple and old hymns were better than new songs because older songs have more meaning. Which doesn't actually make any sense. 
The sanctuary to our church actually looks exactly like all those pictures we saw in class. Whitewashed and clean with no decorations. 
Interesting isn't it? How old habits die hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment