Thursday, March 14, 2013

Oh Dante...


Oh Dante...

Beginning the readings of Dante was such an experience for me... I have never read Dante before, so it is all new. I will not lie to you all and pretend like I am fully understanding everything about Dante, but the more I read, the more I looked up, and the more we talked in class, the more I grasped. The more I was able to grasp, the more I like it. Dante was such an insightful man, who looked at life much like the rest of us. Searching for God, yet stumbling along the way. This is the life of a follower of Christ. We seek, and yet we fall. When reading such powerful works of literature, I find it refreshing to realize that the authors really are more like me then I think. 

P.s. I commented on TinsleyG's post- Honor's Papers: Abandon Hope, all Ye who enter here ;)

3 comments:

  1. Sorry for the large font :/ Don't know what happened there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Rebekah I can Barely read it, just kidding. I totally agree with you though I think Dante's inferno is definitely one of the better works of literature that we have read so far. Most of all though, I love the metaphorical language that Dante uses throughout the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has never read Dante. I like it, too! Dante definitley wasn't much different than we are. I love how you talked about the search for God and the troubles along the way. :)

    ReplyDelete