Thursday, January 31, 2013

Missing the Point

"I do not need your library... but I do need my place in your mind."

This line from Lady Philosophy really struck a chord with me.  The beauty and grander of the library are meaningless if the books are never taken to heart.  Cliche as this may be, I immediately thought of the church.  God doesn't need our church buildings or our sound systems.  We are to love Him and have His Word inside of us.  But so many times, we care more about the ability of the musicians than the meaning of the song (I would love to get into an Augustine reference, but I just haven't had the time to sort that one out yet), or the way the preacher speaks as opposed to what he's saying.  What is really disconcerting is the idea that many people don't realize they've completely missed the point.

P.S. Commented on Hannah Burch's "Temporal vs. Eternal"

No comments:

Post a Comment