Thursday, April 18, 2013

What a Guy

While reading King Lear, one character who really stood out to me was Kent. As the story went on I really began to admire him for his loyalty and honesty. Even though it gets him into trouble, Kent remains an honest and outspoken character while remaining extremely loyal to King Lear the whole time. One of the most amazing things to me was how he disguised himself after being banished by King Lear so that he could go on serving him. This made me think of Psalm 84:10- "Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked." Although not quite the same, Kent's mindset was something like this. That is what I found to be so admirable about him, that he was so loyal to King Lear that he would rather be a servant to him than go on living anywhere else.

PS I commented on Molly's "Bad Rulers"

No comments:

Post a Comment