Thursday, April 18, 2013

I Will Sing the Praises of the Bard


Cordelia is my absolute favorite character in King Lear. She truly does love her father. Her sisters give fake vows of love while Cordelia’s is honest. When her father banishes her by marrying her off to France, she accepts, even though she obviously wishes to stay with her father. However, my favorite actions of her come later on, but since we only read Acts 1&2 for today, more on Cordelia next week!
King Lear may be my favorite one of Shakespeare’s tragedies. All the characters are magnificently written and every one of them is magnificently human. They all have flaws, some which constitute as tragic flaws. The fool is brilliant and wise, ironically enough. Though most of Shakespeare’s fools were that way!
Tantum e tenebris receptum constabit,
Meghan
PS: Please pray for my family right now. My father’s brother has a brain tumor and has been given six months. My mother’s father has lung cancer which has spread to other parts of his body and he is in the ICU right with pneumonia and breathing problems.
PPS: I commented on Dylan’s post “Mr. King, do you mind?”

2 comments: