Thursday, April 18, 2013

Poor Judgement

A main theme of King Lear that we disgusted in class today was the idea of the King's poor judgement. I happen to think this is a really important matter. I believe that knowing someone's true character is really necessary for having a healthy relationship with them. The idea that King Lear might not have even really known his daughters very well is really sad to me. I think there is something to be said for fathers who actually take the time to know their kids. I think King Lear's biggest downfall could've been the fact that he was too trusting. If you trust people too much, you will start to let your guard down, and then they can deceive you easier. It is really important not to be paranoid and distant from everyone, but at the same time, you should never be blinded to the truth of someone's character, especially when they are close to you.

I haven't commented on anyone's post yet because my computer says no one else has posted this week yet... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment