Friday, September 14, 2012

There is nothing like Home

The power of home is often overlooked. Home is where we learn about our identity. One of the reasons Odysseus turns down being a god is because he wants to return to his homeland. Odysseus even says that there is sweeter than country and parents even if its not as fertile as foreign lands. We can all identify with the power of home because we might be successful economically and socially but we can never forget where we came from or who we owe who we are to.

1 comment:

  1. As I read your post, I was overcome by nostalgia of my own home and my childhood memories. I think home has such power because it's the first of all our memories and shapes who we become later in life. Although I don't live in my old house anymore or look like I did as a child, the idea and memories of home will always live on in my heart. That's probably what's going on in Odysseus' mind.

    ReplyDelete