Thursday, January 24, 2013

Root of evil

While reading Augustine I begin to question whether or not my wills and desires are evil if they are not completely for the good of other people. In class, everyone was auguring that evil is not a tangible thing, but the absence of good. I don't think I completely agree with that. When I think about some of the so called evils that people do I can't help but think that my desires are not nearly as bad as what society sees as evil. But Augustine talks about anything that is not the will of god or for the greater good is evil. But that everything God creates is good so the way he explains it it makes sense that evil is the absence of good, but I see evil as more of something learned and observed rather than the absence of something. I am not sure what I truly believe but it is something I have been pondering. It is also something I feel that I will investigate and study more. Ps I commented on Hannah burch's blog having faith

No comments:

Post a Comment