Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Greatness of God

I love Augustine, and there are so many things that I could blog about tonight.  The one that really sticks out to me, though, and really moves me throughout this work is the sheer greatness of God.
There is one point in Book II where Augustine lists traits, followed by how God over comes.  This particular passage really spoke to me because I can look back and see how God has shown His greatness over those particular things in my life.  Where I have sought my own glory, God has reveled himself to be "exalted over all."  Where I have been lazy, God has been the place of TRUE rest.  Where I have been curious, thought myself to be a lover of knowledge, God has been the source of truth!  I miss it so often, and I lack so much, but God is greater!

-Jamie Kilpatrick

P.S. Commented on Mallory's post.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree! Augustine's language as he describes the Lord's attributes is incredible. I love how he really focuses on how truly mind-blowing God is. How blessed we are to serve a God we can never understand :)

    ReplyDelete