Thursday, January 24, 2013

Augustine as a Pre-honors Student

      I find Augustine story encouraging. It is nice to know that people long ago struggle with the same questions we face today, and that through the search for Truth, we find the only answer is Christ.  
    Augustine's tale is also one that I think all honor students can relate too. For instance, Augustine started his quest for truth at age nineteen. Nineteen is about the age of every student in honors, we too are embarking on a quest for truth.  He read many scholarly and philosophical works, just as we have and are doing.  He did not ask vague questions nor did he receive vague answers.  This is something we all encouraged and instructed to do in Honors. Although, it took him several years to actually come to faith, his quest lead him to the source of all Truth.  Overall, he found that he was a sinful man in need of a righteous savior, Christ Jesus.  Fleshly and academic pursuits could not fill his need, his gap.  The gap created by sin, which Jesus' blood covers. Then in tears he surrendered his life to his Lord, as he finally understood God's grace and mercy.  For my own life, I know that Honors has helped countless times in turning my quest for truth back to my Savior.  Most importantly though, I know, like Augustine I've been forgiven and I am free.

P.S. commented on Rebekah Dye's "And we're off"

No comments:

Post a Comment