Thursday, September 27, 2012

Why does it have to be an apple?

I never understood why people say the forbidden fruit is an apple. I mean when i was little  I thought I was sinning when i ate an apple. it ever actually says what kind of fruit it is. It could be a fig for all we know. I just think it is misleading when sunday school teacher talk about how adam and eve ate the apple and were kicked out of eden. and was that even the reason they got kicked out? there are so many questions yet so few answers. For all we know it could have been a vegetable, who knows.But thats the greater question.

P.S. I commented on Danielles the larger Question

1 comment:

  1. One thing's for sure, the apple imagery has stuck (you see it even in popular media like Death Note). Still, it could be a darn grapefruit for all I care.

    The problem is not the type of plant species. "The fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil," what does that mean? Can you begin to contemplate the implications for humanity? Can you begin to wrestle with that instead? Enough of the apples; from now on, get to the big picture.

    ReplyDelete