Thursday, September 27, 2012

ehyeh asher ehyeh


I AM... When speaking of God, what more is there to say? This thought brought me back to Wednesday as I was sitting by the pool with a couple of friends and we were discussing love and how messed up most peoples’ view of it is. Since yesterday, I have been thinking hard on the idea of love. Our discussion brought us to the idea that none of us can truly define love. All we know is the parts of love that we have experienced. Therefore, man cannot truly know what love is. 

This connected directly with our conversation about the "I AM" statement in class. Who is God? I can’t tell you 100% who God is just like I can’t tell you 100% what love really is. The best thing about this is that we don’t know!!! I mean if I could wrap yourself up completely in God or something like love, I would never want to pursue either of those things. The mystery that surrounds God is the thing that keeps us coming back to the search and causes us to dig in deeper. Just like we, yes guys too, want to figure out what love is, so we keep searching. 

1 comment: