Thursday, November 1, 2012

What's Around the River Bend?


Dr. Schuler mentioned a quote today in class that struck me. He said, “You never step in the same river twice.” This quote is so true. The river is never the same. It is always changing and flowing (insert Pocahontas here). I see this as an example of how we should be living our lives. We should never settle for one solid idea. As philosophers, we should not want to set one concept as the absolute truth. We should always be looking for more evidence to compliment or contradict that concept. What is truth anyway? We know nothing, and we are always looking for what we do not know.  And that is what makes us wise. 

PS. I commented on Jasmine's

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I heartily agree with you. The pursuit of knowledge is a quest that we'll never come to the end to. I'm assuming we'll know more once we get to heaven, but there will always be mysteries left unsolved. I think it's something God did on purpose because he wants us to seek him with all our heart, and that is where we will find him. I love how you inserted a Pocahontas reference. Go Disney! :)

    ReplyDelete