Thursday, November 1, 2012

Ideal in Theory

This is extremely painful for me to say, and if you know my views on politics, you know why.
Aristocracy is the best form of government. There, I said it.  A government with a supreme ruler, a just man, who runs his nation in the best possible ways.  Keeping his people from harm, both physical and mental.  All of his people have jobs to do, and it turn, no one is in need.  This form of government describes how I have always pictured the Kingdom of God, with God the supreme ruler, and all of his people cared for and happy.  

However, The reason it hurt to say this is simply because I am of the (rather strong) opinion that this form of government cannot work on earth as we know it, in a world full of sinful people.  Who would be our ruler, and more importantly, what would ensure that we always put the right man in power?  Sure, the rulers come from a certain group in the text, but who is to say or ensure that the one RIGHT man gets there.  And what if there is a time when no man is fit to lead the country?  Are we then ruled by a power-hungry dictator?  I am not saying that American government is perfect, by no means, but in its original form, the American ideal of government led by the people under the constitution is an efficient one and possibly one of the best options we currently have.  

Commented on Susan's "America the Tyranny"

-Jamie Kilpatrick

PS: There are several things I could/ kind of want to add at this point, but I am one who generally prefers to discuss my political views in person. That being said, if any of you would like to (respectfully and civilly) talk American politics, I'm almost always up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment