Thursday, April 4, 2013

I really enjoyed reading Sir Gawain and the Green Knight and love learning about Medieval times, because they seem so fun and romantic.  I mean, this reading literally starts out with the most fun house party ever!  People celebrating Christmas, everyone is at the party, there is tons of food, and everyone is dancing and having fun!  Of course I know that it probably wasn't as fun as all that.  No running water doesn't really sound like the best thing.  However, the knights had a chivalrous was about them, that defined the way they acted toward their fellow man.  There is a lot of this in Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.  It is the knight's code of honor that keeps him from sleeping with his host's wife, from lying, and ultimately from dying in the end because he is so honest.  It makes me wonder how different the world would be today if people were more kind and honorable and respectful to each other.  I like the think that if men could be more chivalrous like the knights, the world be a better place.  

I commented on Mallory's post!

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way. And I really like your statement about men being more chivalrous. It's easy to think about the fun they must have had, but so hard to think about the struggles they had. Anyways still a very enjoyable read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete