Thursday, February 7, 2013

Connections


My mind draws strange connections sometimes. Like a connection between “The Sound of Music” and Benedictine’s rules. When I first saw the Sound of Music, over 10 years ago, Maria’s explanation for her clothing never really made much sense to me. It wasn’t until reading Benedictine that it did. When Benedictine says to put the clothes in the abbots drawers in case one of the monks leaves for good it is so that anyone who leaves will not take that which belongs to the order nor will he leave naked. It is the same for those living as nuns. The Abbess keeps the clothing of the novices in case any decide that they are not called to Abbey life.
My mind may make strange connections, but a migraine keeps them from being coherent. I apologize.
Tantum e tenebris receptum constabit
~Meghan
PS I commented on Skylar’s post.

No comments:

Post a Comment