Thursday, April 25, 2013

That seems about right...

Honestly, I believe that any sort of government, whether it be a democracy, tyranny, or monarchy, can be the best for any country as long as it is run correctly. Once again, it all falls down to what the people want though. A democracy of the people seems the most reasonable to me, but even then everyone has their own opinion. Some might wish to have one individual rule over them. There will be skepticism about anything and everything, so Milton's view is nothing out of the blue. To overthrow the king and establish a new government would probably appeal to me if I was under that ruling, however not everyone feels that way. Some feel the most secure in that sort of ruling, and that is what matters most. As long as the majority of the people are content with their rulers, then no sort of change needs to occur.

P.S. I commented on Meghan Johnston's "In Defense of Cordelia"

No comments:

Post a Comment