Thursday, April 25, 2013

Governmental Affairs

After being gone with RamKids all week for their college tour and missing class, I can’t believe I remembered to blog!!

Anyway, I found the reading about government pretty awesome. I was one of those people who definitely didn’t realize all of those things about the kings not having all the power. I was under the assumption -- I know, don’t assume… -- that kings could pretty much have their way in doing whatever they want. Just that short reading makes me want to go do some studying on that stuff. It’s kind of cool that even though one man was in charge, the people still had enough power to keep him from doing things they didn’t agree with. This reminds me of the Gettysburg Address section that says “…a government of the people, by the people, for the people…” The government is there to represent the people, and help maintain order amongst those people. Unfortunately, that gets lost in other things sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment