Thursday, March 28, 2013

i think i need to go for a walk...


After reading about two pilgrimages this week, I would like to take a nice long walk…  I would actually prefer not to have the company that either pilgrim had.  Walking through Hell meeting the folks that Dante had to meet sounds no bueno in the same way that hanging around the freaks that made up the Canterbury Tales’ fellowship.  These stories remind me of hiking the portion of the Appalachian Trial that I hiked with a couple buddies during Christmas break.  We wound up hiking in the snow and freezing cold and it was awful.  Literally, it was the worst five days of my life.  I can’t imagine adding horribly awful people into that mix.  Whether they admit to being awful or not, no one wants to spend day after day stuck with people who suck to be around…like those folk.

P.S.  -  I commented on Preston’s page.

No comments:

Post a Comment