Thursday, March 28, 2013

Be a true "fill in the blank"

What I learned today from honors is that people will know if your actions do not line up with your words. But what does it mean to be true to your role? I want to be a composer, author, a good sister, daughter, and mother, but how can I be true to all these roles? What is my primary role? This is a great question to ask yourself. Also, another one of my roles is that of a student. To be true to your role, you have to try your best at all that you do but I think there's something more to it. You have to let God help you be who you need to be. Now, I'll definitely be even more conscious of my actions lining up with my words and desires. Thank you Chaucer. (P.S. I commented on Skylar's)

3 comments:

  1. I think your ambitions are pretty cool. I like that you chose this to blog about because it has a lot to do with the Caterbury Tales. For example, my group had the prioress. She was a nun, but from what Chaucer said, it doesn't seem like her actions lined up with who she was. Sometimes people just get lost in themselves and in the world. We just have to be true to ourselves and be who God wants us to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Emily, living life attempting to live up to so many different titles is difficult. But if those of us who follow Christ have to remember to put "Christian" at the top of that list. It's easy to get caught up and overwhelmed in thinking about our future titles, but we must focus on the purpose behind everything we do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are right, Jamie. Every position we have usually requires us to do or embody certain things or qualities. But we have a higher calling - serving God. Being a "true" Christian is even more important than being a "true" physician or a "true" nun.

    ReplyDelete