Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Search.

I did not think that I would ever be able to experience Honors at Mobile because I transferred in as a junior. I was so jealous after hearing everyone talk about the class and the professors and the crazy, yet amazing things they did. Then there was a mix up with my credits and Dr. Schuler worked out a way for me to be in Honors this fall.

I am thankful that I am now a part of Honors family at the University of Mobile. This class has stretched my mind and my heart to think in ways that I have never before thought. I have been challenged by the questions posed in the texts and in the classroom. I have built relationships with people that I will always cherish. But the most important lesson I have learned is to seek out the truth in everything you do. Seek the truth in the text, in the paper, in the relationship, in the vocation; seek the truth every day. This is not an easy task because sometimes seeking out the truth means confronting beliefs that have previously never been questioned, but the journey is worth every confrontation.

p.s. I commented on Jasmine's post.

2 comments:

  1. Love this, Lauren. That has been one of my favorite parts of Honors- it has taught me how to question and confront previously held beliefs and seek out the truth with others who are on the same journey. I am so glad you got to be part of Honors after all. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're with us! And glad i'm not the only old one in the class:)
    It is beautiful to seek truth in community, isn't it? It's really the church- a group of people united in their love for truth and their love for Christ, working together.

    ReplyDelete