Thursday, December 6, 2012

Momma knows best

       As I began to register for classes for my first collegiate semester, my mother told me to look into the honors program. She of course, had been stalking the UM website to see where all of her money was going to be going, and had stumbled across an article about how the honors program allowed students to make more personal connections with their professors. I had looked into honors programs at other schools, but they were based around your degree field; not through the english department. I already had my required english credits, so I didn't really see the point in retaking four classes that I had already passed; however, my mother had other plans for me.
      Looking back on this semester, honors really is my favorite class, and I am extremely glad that I chose to take the course. It not only taught me a different way to read literature, but it also taught me to always be searching. To search for truth, to search for new opinions and ideas, and to search out the unknown, and I look forward to continuing this search.

p.s.- I commented on Amanda Gaster's blog

No comments:

Post a Comment